RETAIL COORDINATOR - RUNNING APPLY NOW
KARHU is a legendary sports brand born in Finland in 1916, developing a wide range of footwear, running shoes and apparel with a strong presence in the global market. With the use of premium materials, unique colour combinations and state of the art 3D technology, we are able to provide a personalized footwear experience. The KARHU brand stands for quality, innovation, independent design and European roots. Currently we sell our shoes in multiple retail locations around the world, our own store in Helsinki, and via our website Karhu.com
About the job:
The Retail Coordinator is responsible for the development of training tools designed to increase engagement and spread awareness of the Karhu running brand and its core technologies. In addition to creating a variety of educational assets, you will be responsible for the curation of a retail activation toolbox which will be used to bring Karhu’s seasonal marketing campaigns and product launches to life in store.
Tasked with building and maintaining strong relationships with Karhu’s specialty retail partners, you will be a conduit for the core values of our running brand and serve the important role of helping KARHU’s market share grow within the running specialty channel.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Retail Activation: Activate the NL and BE accounts "in-store" in conjunction with Karhu’s digital marketing campaigns, support the local teams in DACH and UK to activate accounts in the regions.
- Relationship Building: Develop a strong relationship with the outfitters and managers alike at our retail partners.
- Business Administration: Complete the weekly rotation planning and maintain the weekly/monthly and seasonal goals tracker for the NL, BE, UK and DACH.
- Team Training: Support the DACH and UK region by training the regional trainers and ensuring the top 20 specialists receive the tools needed to increase brand knowledge among their outfitters. Ensure that the seasonal concepts are adopted and executed at retail and online.
- Asset Creation: Prepare the retail activation toolbox for all seasonal concepts in conjunction with our digital marketing coordinator and brand manager.
- Grow Karhu's European market share.
- Coordinate the EU in-store activation of these brand initiatives.
- Recruit brand ambassadors.
What you bring:
- BA in Marketing, Communication, Sport Management or similar.
- 3 years of marketing experience within the sport retail industry.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English. A second language, like German or French would be a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of your time.
- Present your ideas in an organized, convincing and coherent manner.
- You have a clear understanding from the Running market in Europe.
- Ability to perform analysis to identify growth/optimization opportunities.
- Highly creative.
What we offer:
Working with us means you will have an impactful role, with a lot of freedom to work on the company goals and your day-to-day tasks. You will have the opportunity to understand the creation of our newest products in our Amsterdam office, and feel at home in an international environment. Besides this, we offer:
- A dynamic and challenging role
- A part-time (min 32 hours a week) or full-time (40 hours) position
- A competitive salary
- Different mobility options are possible depending on your requirements and/or needs
- Participation in the company Pension plan
- 25 holidays a year when working full-time
- Company laptop
- Hybrid working
- A limited amount of free pairs and always employee discounts on the KARHU collection